PE and Sport are an integral part of Tanners Brook Primary School. We believe that physical education and sport contribute to the development of young people and through participation in sport and physical education, children learn more about key values such as teamwork, fair play and respect for themselves and others.
There is significant evidence to show the positive effects of sport and exercise on children’s physical health, growth and development. Furthermore, sport also provides a healthy environment for young people to learn how to deal with competition and how to master the skills of both winning and losing gracefully.
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding (Sport Premium) for physical education (PE) and sport to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision at school. At Tanners Brook Primary School we are using the Sport Premium to improve the quality of PE and Sport provision in the following ways:
- Working with outside agency to increase attainment and physical development of children in Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Develop a broad and extensive curriculum for Key Stage 1 and 2 ensuring that all children can access the curriculum.
- Improve the participation of sport outside of the normal school day. Key Stage 2 have the opportunity to attend a variety of free after school clubs throughout the week.
- Increased participation in school in both external and inter-school tournaments and festivals
- Providing transport to ensure children are able to participate in extra- curricular sport.
Tanners Brook Primary School will receive a total sum of £10,565 over the 2015/16 academic year. This money is used towards the cost of specialised coaches who teach P.E in Key Stage 1 and 2. The impact of which will be reviewed on a termly and yearly basis.